Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Deadly sins


Be warned, commit a deadly sin and this may happen to you
I have a stack of photos and stories from my recent visit to Kompong Cham and simply not enough hours in the day! I will post more in the next few days, I promise. In the meantime, here are a couple of photos. The painted wall above, at Phnom Theat Srei, 30kms northwest of Kompong Cham, hosts a scene showing what will happen to you in hell if you commit deadly sins such as adultery, stealing land, talking behind someone's back, even breastfeeding your baby in the pagoda! You can find similar examples in some of the older pagoda's - take time to look at the wall paintings inside as well as outside the viharas. In the picture below, I was joined by three young boys as I watched the sun set from a small hill next to the disused airfield just outside Kompong Cham. They were sat on the wall of an old army lookout post.

Lazy days and sunset views

No comments:

Post a Comment