Monday, February 18, 2008

Closure on classical dance

Sam Sathya has been Cambodia’s prima ballerina for more than a decade. She's also a teacher at RUFA
In this my final post from yesterday's introduction to the highest-level of classical Cambodian dance, I hope my posts have given you a thirst for more of this unique art-form and I sign-off with a few remaining photos from the morning's performance. I was able to gain some backstage access though all in the troupe were so friendly and accommodating that everyone was welcome. And the truth be told, I think the girls simply love having their picture taken.
A scene from the performance involving Vicheaka, Limsothea and Mony
The pinpeat orchestra musicians take their bow
All smiles from Vuth Chanmoly (left) and Topla
Thanks to Savin for my invite to the performance

No comments:

Post a Comment